Zoom Sign Up gives users access to zoom which allows them to interact with other people such as co-workers, teams, etc. We are in a world where people do not have to leave their homes to organize their business workflow, keep in touch with their working teams or organize a meeting. Platforms like Zoom have made it possible for co-workers or teams to interact with each other in situations where meeting them face to face is not possible. Zoom can also be used for group get together, interviews and to keep in touch with friends and family. Zoom can also be used for small, medium, and large businesses to organize their staff, keep in touch and also organize meetings.
Zoom offers high-quality video and audio calls, and there are other features present in Zoom that helps to make interaction easy and less stressful. You can join a Zoom meeting without using the Zoom app but you must create an account for you to be able to host a Zoom meeting. Zoom sign-up is free, but not all features in Zoom are free. When you use Free Zoom, you can gain access to video conferencing of up to 100 participants as long as the meeting does not run for more than 40 minutes. You can also experience an unlimited one–on–one meeting, chats, virtual backgrounds, and lots more. However, you gain access to more features when you are using the Zoom paid version which includes, no time limits for group video conferences, you can record meetings as well as other features. For easy access, you can download the Zoom application for your desktop and your mobile devices such as your Andriod and your iOS devices.
If you want to perform the functions the Zoom platform offers or if you want to join a meeting easily, you need to sign in to Zoom. This article will guide you on the step-by-step process of Zoom sign up and how to join a meeting for free.
How to Sign In to Zoom
As said earlier, you can sign in to zoom without downloading the app, but for easy access, you need to download the Zoom app. The sign in procedures for Zoom is listed below:
- Launch the Zoom app on your windows, Mac, Android, or iOS device, or visit the Zoom login website at https://zoom.us/sign.
- You will see the Zoom login page; you will see the fields to enter your User ID and your password. Type in your username and your password in the required fields. Then click on ‘login’.
After completing the process above, you have successfully signed in to Zoom.
Zoom Sign Up Procedure
For you to be able to host a meeting on Zoom, you must first create an account. The steps to Zoom sign up are listed below:
How to Register for Zoom Using Web
- Go to the Zoom sign-up page and click on ‘sign up’.
- A page will open for you where you will be asked to enter your date of birth. You cannot sign up to zoom if you are younger than 16.
- Enter your email address at the top of the page. You will see’ enter your work email’. Type in your work email in the space provided, you can decide to use your personal email if you want to.
- After entering your email address, you will be sent an activation email link to your email inbox. You can copy and paste the activation link into your browser to activate the account.
- A page will open for you asking you if you are signing up on behalf of a school, if you are not, Click ‘no’ and then click ‘continue’.
- Enter your first name and your last name and enter a password.
- You will be asked to invite people to create a free Zoom account through email. Skip this process if you don’t want to invite anyone yet.
- After completing the steps above you will be given a link and it will be your personal meeting link.
Sign Up to Zoom Using Your Mobile App
- Download the Zoom mobile app for your Android phone or your iOS device. Open the app and click on ‘sign up’.
- Confirm your age.
- Type in your email address and your first name and your last name. Click on ‘sign up’.
- An activation email will be sent to your email address, click on the activation link in your email inbox and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration process.
How to Join a Meeting in Zoom
You can join a meeting in Zoom through the app on your desktop or mobile device, through an email invitation, from the zoom website, or through telephone dial-in.
To join a meeting via your mobile app
- Open the zoom mobile app and tap on ‘join a meeting’ to join a meeting without signing in or click on ‘join’ to join a meeting after signing in.
- Type in your meeting ID number and your display name. You can change your default name if you are signed in.
- Select if you want to connect video or connect audio and then click on ‘Join Meeting’.
To join a meeting through a web browser
- Open your web browser and visit join.zoom.us
- Type in your meeting ID that has been provided by the meeting host and click on ‘Join’.
Joining a Zoom Meeting Through an Email Address
To join a zoom meeting through email, just click on the join link in your email.
To Join a Zoom Meeting Through Telephone Dial-in
Dial the teleconferencing provided on your Zoom invite and then type in your meeting ID number on your dial pad when prompted.
For more details about Zoom sign up, kindly use the comment section below or contact us.