Tumblr is a social media and micro-blogging platform where users publish their own blog posts. With Tumblr, users can share information as well as files such as photos, music and videos from their mobile device or PC to other users from different parts of the world. With Tumblr login, users have the opportunity to own a micro-blog which is more like an online diary where they can post short texts and quick snaps.
Tumblr was formed in 2007and has since amassed a lot of fame with over 217 million blogs and 420 million users. What Tumblr does is give young people a platform to express themselves and become more creative. With Tumblr, users can follow and re-blog pages they find interesting customize their page based on their own preferences, post images, videos, and clips as well as communicate with other Tumblr users.
The good thing about the Tumblr micro-blogging platform is that it is easy to use and very flexible – once you have been able to create an account, you can pretty much navigate through the site with ease. This article will guide you on how to create a Tumblr account, Tumblr login and also how to use Tumblr.
How Tumblr Works
Of course, the first step to knowing how to use Tumblr is to first create an account, we are going to give you detailed steps on how to create an account on Tumblr and also how to perform your Tumblr login, but first, we need to give you information on how the platform works.
Once you have created your account on Tumblr, the next thing to do is to follow other accounts that might interest you. One of the reasons why you should follow an account or account that interests you is to give you updates on your feed about what your favourites are up to or the latest trend you might be interested in. You can decide to customize your page based on your preference or you can decide to make do with the pre-existing theme on Tumblr.
The Tumblr feed or dashboard is the next page you will see after you have created an account on Tumblr. The dashboard serves as a tool where you can post content and also view posts from other users. Tumblr can also be used by business owners who are interested in using their blogging platform to promote their business.
How to Create an Account on Tumblr
Signing up on Tumblr is pretty easy and simple. Below are the detailed steps on how to own your own blog and account on Tumblr:
- Visit the Tumblr webpage at www.tumblr.com
- Click on sign up with email, and type in the email address you will like to use for the account. It is important to ensure that the email address you use is one that is easily accessible to you because the email address is linked to your Tumblr account and once you lose your email address, you lose your account.
- Enter a strong and unique password that you can easily remember.
- Type in any username of your choice. Tumblr will notify you if the username you have chosen has already been used by any other person and will give you a list of similar names you can choose from.
- Once, you have finished with the steps above, click on ‘sign up’.
- After clicking ‘sign up’, you will be taken to an age verification page. Type in your age and agree to the Tumblr terms of service.
- Click on ‘next’ and then pass the reCAPTCHA test by typing in the text that appears on the image.
- After completing the steps above, you will be redirected to a page containing different blogs from other users on Tumblr. Choose five blogs you are interested in from the list of blogs shown to you.
- After choosing the blogs you are interested in click on ‘see it’, your dashboard will appear and you can see posts from the users you have recently followed.
- The next step is to verify your email address by clicking the link sent to the email address you used during your account creation. Once you click the link your account will be successfully created and you can go ahead to customize your dashboard or feed based on what you like.
You can also sign up to Tumblr using your Google account by clicking on ‘continue with Google’. You will be re-directed to Google where you will need to provide your Google information and then create a suitable username for your blog. For security reasons, it is necessary to create a two-factor authentication. The two-factor authentication will keep your account safe by giving you an OTP you will need to type in whenever you log into your account.
To login to your account on Tumblr visit the Tumblr webpage on www.tumblr.com then click on ‘log in’ and type in your email address, password and username.
Tumblr has given people especially young adults a platform to express themselves and give them the opportunity to interact and blend with other people of the same mindset. Tumblr allows users to be flexible and adjust their pages based on how they like them. Once, you make a post on Tumblr your post will be made public, however, you can decide to set up a second account and make it private. Tumblr can be accessed by visiting the webpage or downloading the application for both android and iOS users. The application can be found on the play store and Apple store.