When you follow the Slack Sign in procedure, you gain an opportunity to use the Slack instant messaging platform. Slack is a platform that is designed for teams to be able to communicate with each other. Slack not only allows you to communicate in groups but also allows users have one on one communication with each other. Slack is one of the popular remote working platforms available and has become popular amongst businesses. You can start using Slack by first setting up a workplace that is made up of channels which are where team members can communicate with each other and work together. You can also use the Slack platform to upload and share files with your team members.
You can use Slack for free which means you don’t have to pay anything to use the platform. However, you need to subscribe to certain plans on Slack in order to be able to unlock some features. The free version of Slack gives you access to 5GB of storage space and allows you to browse and search your team’s 10,000 recent messages. Other features Slack platform offers is the ability to pin messages in order to be able to find them easily, you can set a reminder in Slack to give you a notification on when you need to publish a story, and you can upload and share files to other team members, you can also use emojis to communicate in order to express yourself better, you get a chance to customize your theme based on your preferences and lots more. The good news is that Slack can be used with other applications and you can also use Slack on different devices such as your laptop, desktop, android device, and iOS device.
If you want to enjoy the goodness that comes with using the Slack application, you need to first Sign up for an account and then do your Slack Sign in. This article will guide you on the procedures to sign up to Slack easily and also give you information on the things you need to know about Slack Sign in and the Slack messaging platform.
Features of Slack
Slack was developed in 2013 and has become a popular messaging platform for teams and businesses to communicate with each other. Some of the features Slack offers include:
- When using the free version of Slack, you can view and search up to 10,000 recent messages.
- There is a chance for users to add emojis to their messages in order to express themselves better.
- You can create channels using Slack and these channels can be organized based on topic, private groups, etc.
- You can use Slack to share files with your team members easily.
- Team members can use the Slack platform to communicate with each other directly through the Slack platform without having to go through text or email and there is a chance to create private groups in order to communicate privately.
- You can use the Slackbot to manage your private files and also help you keep notes.
- There is an opportunity for you to customize your Slack theme based on your preference.
- You can use the Slack search feature to search through messages and files easily.
How to Sign up for Slack
You can decide to join an existing workplace in Slack if you wish but you can decide to create your own workplace- to do this, you must first Sign up to Slack. The steps to create your own Slack account and workplace are listed below:
- Visit the Slack website on www.slack.com using your web browser.
- A page will open for you, click on ‘get started’ and then click on ‘My team isn’t using Slack yet’.
- Type in your email address and then verify your email address by typing in the code sent to your email address by Slack.
- Choose the name you will like to give to your workplace and then click on ‘next’.
- Enter the name of the project you are working on and click on ‘Next’. When you are done entering the name of the project you are working on, Slack will create your first channel.
- You can then go ahead and type in the names and the email address of the people you would like to add to your Slack workplace. Slack will then send them invitations. You can also decide to invite people using the link. If you don’t want to go ahead with this, you can decide to skip this option and do it later.
- Click on ‘see your channel in Slack’. Once you have done this, you have completed the process involved in creating your own account and workplace in Slack.
- You can decide to choose a greeting. This is the message your teammates will see if they open Slack. You can do this by clicking on ‘Choose a greeting’ and you will see several samples to choose from but you can type in your own message by clicking on ‘custom’. Then click ‘save’. Click on ‘finish setup’.
- Type in your full name and a strong and easy-to-remember password of your choice. Then click on ‘next’. If you don’t see this option, you can get to it by clicking on the ‘get started’ button’.
- The last step is for you to choose the name and link your teammates can join with then click on ‘finish’ to complete your setup.
Slack Sign In With Email
For Slack Sign in using your email;
- Open the Slack desktop app and
- Click Sign In to Slack.
- You’ll be taken to your web browser. Enter your email address and
- Click Sign In with Email.
- Check your email for a confirmation code from Slack and enter it.
How to Join an Existing Workplace on Slack
You can join an existing workplace through the email invitation sent to you. To join through the email invitation sent to you, click on ‘join now’ in the email and then type in a new username and password. Click on ‘create account’.
You can also join through the Slack webpage, and then click on ‘my team is on Slack’. Enter your email address and click ‘confirm’. Confirm your email address by clicking on ‘confirm email address in the email sent to you by Slack. You will see the list of workplaces you are part of and the ones you can join. Click on ‘join’ next to the workplace you want to join. Enter your password and username and then click on ‘create account’.
Was this article helpful? Kindly share your thoughts with us via the comment section below. Alternatively, you can contact us to get in touch.