Your NETGEAR router login permits you to set up and secure your wireless network. This guide will show you how to log into your NETGEAR wireless router to perform common setup tasks. Bear in mind that you can do this using your phone, tablet, or computer.
It is the configuration panel for your router and you can access it any time using your web browser to make the required changes for your router. Update its firmware or troubleshoot your router – all of this can be done.
How to access NETGEAR Router Admin Page
Logging into NETGEAR wireless router admin page is a straightforward process and before you continue, make sure that you are connected to the NETGEAR router login network. Once that is done, follow these steps to access NETGEAR Router Admin Page.
- Open your default internet browser that you use to access the Internet.
- In the address bar, type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com. (You can also type your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
- Press Enter.
- Type in the user name and password in the given fields. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. (Both username and password are case-sensitive.)
- Click on Log In.
- You will now be logged in to your NETGEAR Router Configuration Panel/RouterLogin.com.
NETGEAR Router Login Procedure
- Connect to your wireless network using WiFi or your wired network using an Ethernet or CAT5 cable.
- Launch a web browser on your connected device: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or any other browser.
- Visit any URL from the list below:
After a few seconds, you should see the login page.
If the login screen doesn’t display, try the next URL on the list. If that one doesn’t work, visit the NETGEAR router IP instead:
NETGEAR Router Default IP Address:
- Once on the NETGEAR router login screen, enter the username and password you chose when you first set up your router. If you never set one, continue below.
Default NETGEAR Router Login username and password
Use the default login credentials below:
Username: admin Password: password
How to Reset your Router to Factory Defaults
- On the back of your NETGEAR router is a reset button. Using a pen, push and hold this button until all of the lights on the front of the unit start flashing.
- Give your router a few minutes to reboot before use.
How to Use the Router Password Recovery Feature?
By default, your username is admin and your password is password. However, if you have modified the default settings and have previously set the “Password Recovery” feature then –
- Open your login interface at routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com. Alternatively, you can use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- When prompted Authentication Required dialogue box click “Cancel”.
- You will be now on the Router Password Recovery page where you require to enter the router’s Serial Number which you will find at the back of your router.
- Click Continue and on the next page reply to two of the security questions you have previously set. (If you haven’t set it, refer to Q5).
- Click Continue and your password will be recovered.
What If I am Unable To Gain Access to the Router Admin Settings Page?
There can be several reasons why you may not be able to access the NETGEAR router login admin page. Below we discussed some of the most common questions and answers.
- Try clearing your browser cookies and cache.
Google Chrome: Click on at the top right > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
Mozilla Firefox: Click on Menu > Preference > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear Data.
Safari: Open the browser > from the top Menu click History > Clear History.
- Instead of routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net, try logging in via IP Addresses – 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. And even if it doesn’t work your internet service provider (ISP) may have assigned a different router gateway IP address. Learn how to find your Router IP Address.
- If you are unable to access wirelessly over WiFi then try connecting the Ethernet Port directly to your gadget and try again.
- If you are connected to a VPN or corporate network the router login page may not work. Disconnect any such network and try accessing only being connected to your NETGEAR router.
- Perform a factory reset if none of the above works. It will reset your router back to its default settings which include your SSID (WiFi Name), Password, security settings and any personalized configurations.After factory resetting, login to your router configuration page and navigate to ADVANCED > Router Information. Besides IP Address you will discover the default gateway IP.
How to Update Your Wireless Router Firmware?
The new firmware version comes with the latest security updates and bug fixes which is why it is always recommended to keep your router software up-to-date.
Whenever a router firmware update is available it will notify you on the settings page. To perform an update –
- Go to ADVANCED > Administration > Router Update.
- On the firmware update assistant page, if an update is found > click YES.
- Now it will automatically download and update the new software from the NETGEAR server.
Note: The whole process takes about 2 minutes, do not turn off the power or reset the router meanwhile. Your router will reboot once successfully updated.
Was this article helpful? For further enquiries on NETGEAR router login or how to access the router admin page or change the router login details, kindly use the comment box below or contact us with your questions.