Dropbox is a platform that allows users to transfer their files and data to cloud storage. A sign up activity on Dropbox lets users transfer their files to cloud storage so that they can access them whenever they need with any device. All you have to do when using Dropbox is to select the files you want to save and then save them. Sometimes your files are saved automatically but it depends on the plan you are using. Dropbox makes it easy for people to save their files and unlike the times when people used to save their files on devices such as floppy disk, USB, and even CD, you don’t need to worry if your files were saved properly or not.
The benefits of having cloud-based storage cannot be over-emphasized especially in a time when everybody wants to back up their important files in a more durable and secured way. Dropbox also allows users to transfer files or data they have backed up into a new computer and also gives users the opportunity to share files with their family, friends, and whoever they want to share them with. To unlock more features in Dropbox, you can opt for the Dropbox paid plans. The Dropbox paid plans include the Dropbox Plus, the Dropbox family, the Dropbox professional, and the Dropbox business. Each of these plans has its own advanced features such as storage space of up to 2TB storage space with the Dropbox professional having up to 3TB storage space. Advanced syncing and security, file recovery features, and much more. The advanced syncing feature offered by the Dropbox paid plan automatically moves your files to your cloud storage and then frees up space on your hard drive which still allows you to access your files whenever you want to. You can still use Dropbox for free which contains up to 2GB of storage which you can still use to save up files in cloud storage. One great thing about Dropbox is that users’ files are usually secured and kept safe regardless of the problems you are encountering with your device. If your device or hard drive crashes, you are certain that your important file and data are safe.
If you want to leave the traditional method of saving files and move on to a more safe and secured way your file can be saved in case your device crashes or fails, then you need to consider saving your file in cloud storage. Signing up to Dropbox is really simple and straightforward, we will show you some of the steps you need to take to successfully sign up to your own Dropbox account.
Features of Dropbox
Some of the features of Dropbox cloud storage include:
- You can use Dropbox for free and enjoy up to 2GB of free storage. You can also get advanced storage of 2TB – 3TB storage if you opt for the paid plans.
- Dropbox secures your files and data by encrypting them. So you don’t need to worry about the safety of your confidential files.
- You can access all the files you have saved on the Dropbox cloud storage anytime and anywhere you are, all you need is to have a good internet connection.
- To get to your files, you need to use a username or a password. This way an unauthorized person cannot get access to your files without you allowing it.
- Your files can also be backed up, thereby relieving space in your computer.
- You can use the Dropbox platform to share files with other users by putting the files you want to share in a folder specifically for the purpose of sharing them with others.
How to Sign up on Dropbox
Signing up to Dropbox is easy and does not take much time. Follow the steps below to sign up to Dropbox:
- Visit the Dropbox webpage on www.dropbox.com then click on ‘Sign up.
- Enter your name and your email address. Your email address will serve as your Dropbox username.
- Enter a strong password that you can remember easily.
- Read the Dropbox Terms and Conditions and click on the box if you agree to it.
- Click on ‘Sign Up’ and choose which plan you would like to opt for. You can choose if you want to go for the Dropbox basic (free plan), Dropbox Pro, or Dropbox for business.
- Click on ‘Continue’ if you want to start using Dropbox for free.
Once you have completed the sign up steps above, you will be able to move your files to your cloud storage. For you to be able to access the Dropbox platform easily, you need to download and install the Dropbox application for your mobile phone and your computer.
How to share files using Dropbox
If you want to share a file or a folder using Dropbox, follow the steps below:
Sharing a file or folder using the Dropbox webpage:
- Sign in to your Dropbox account and click on ‘All files’.
- Browse through the name of the file or the folder you would like to share and click on the share icon.
- The next step is to enter the Email address, the name, or the group of the person you would like to share the file with and then click on ‘Share file or folder’.
- Your recipient will receive an email containing a link to the file or folder you have shared.
Sharing a file or folder using the mobile app
To share a file or folder using the Dropbox mobile application just open the mobile app on your device and click on the “” sign close to the file or the folder you want to share. Click on share and then click on ‘invite to file’. Click under ‘send to’ and enter the name and the email address of the person you’ll like to share the file with. Choose ‘can view’ or ‘can edit’ under the list of the recipients of the file or folder then click on ‘share’.
Sharing a file or folder using a computer
To do this, just open the Dropbox folder on your computer and right-click on the folder or the file you want to share. Click on ‘share’ and enter the email, name, or the group of the person you would like to share the file or folder with then click on ‘share’.
I hope this article on how to sign up on Dropbox was helpful? For questions and comments, you can make use of the comment box below or you can simply contact us and we would get back to you as soon as possible.