To sign up for Google Pay gives you easy access to the Google pay online payment system that allows users to send and receive funds with ease. Google Pay is developed by Google and is being used by a lot of people to send and receive payments from different parts of the world. Online payment platforms have recently been one of the common ways people make payments considering the fact that no one wants to go through the stress of making payments using the traditional method. Not only does using the Google Pay payment platform help to save you time and reduce stress, but it also offers a secure way to make transfers. You don’t have to worry about the safety of your bank details and information.
You can also link your bank account to Google Pay, that way funds are transferred to your bank account easily. You don’t have to own the Google Pay application to receive payments. Google Pay also allows users to pay for their purchases in stores by simply opening the Google Pay application on their mobile phone and holding it against a compatible card reader to scan automatically. To use Google Pay, users have to download the Google Pay app on their mobile device. Creating an account on Google Pay is simple and free, all you need to do is to have a compatible device and follow the necessary steps. Although Google Pay was initially designed for use on Android devices, it can also be used on iPhones, when you use it on iPhone, some of the features are limited and you cannot use it in stores.
If you are someone who makes a lot of online transactions or if you are an ardent shopper and you are looking for a safer and hassle-free method you can use to send funds or receive funds, all you need to do is to download the Google Pay mobile application on your mobile device and create an account. This article will guide you on how to sign up for Google Pay and also how to link your bank account to your Google Pay account.
Features of Google Pay
There are many features Google Pay possesses that make it a unique digital payment platform compared to other payment platforms. Some of these features include:
- You can secure the Google Pay application from unauthorized access by using your password, PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint scanner.
- When you make transactions using the Google Pay application, they are quick and very easy. You can also receive funds directly to your bank account when using Google Pay.
- Google Pay has a Tez shield feature that detects fraud and also verifies the user’s identity which helps to make transactions safe and secured.
- For easy access, the Google Pay application is there to make any type of transaction of funds possible and easy. You always have your phone handy, and if you have the Google Pay application on your mobile device, transactions are made easy.
- Users buying from stores can use the Goggle Pay application to make payments by scanning with a compatible card reader.
- You can use Google Pay to track your personal spending and add virtual credit cards.
What you need to be able to sign up for Google Pay
For you to be able to use the Google Pay app, you need to make sure that the Android version of your mobile phone is Lollipop 5.0 or a higher version.
If you are using Google Pay on an iOS device, it should be iOS 10 or above.
How to Sign up for Google Pay
To set up a Google Pay account on your mobile device, you need to make sure that the number you used in registering your bank account is a valid phone number. Follow the steps below to sign up for Google Pay:
- Download the Google Pay app on your Android device or your iOS device in the App store.
- Open the Google Pay application on your mobile device and choose the language.
- Type in your mobile phone number and grant the application the necessary permissions on your device.
- Login to your Google account and then click on ‘continue’.
- Wait for the OTP and click on ‘Next’.
When your account has been successfully verified, you can then go ahead and link your bank account.
How to Connect Your Bank Account to Google Pay
To add your account to Google Pay, you need to make sure that your bank supports the UPI payment service. If you want to link your account to Google Pay, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Pay application on your mobile device.
- Click on ‘payment methods’ and then click on ‘add bank account’.
- You can then select your bank from the list.
- Type in your debit card details in the space provided for it.
- You will be asked to type in your UPI PIN. If you have an existing one, you can enter it into the space provided, but if you don’t just click on ‘create PIN’.
- Enter the PIN and the OTP you received on your mobile device via SMS.
- When your OTP verification is completely verified, your bank account will be linked to your Google Pay application.
You can add multiple bank accounts to your Google Pay profile but you only need to set one as your main mode of payment for your transactions. As said earlier, you need to have a compatible device for you to be able to use Google Pay. If Google Pay is not supported for your device, you can’t use it.
For questions and comments, kindly use the comment section below. You can also visit our contact page to get in touch.