Venmo Sign up is an easy way to gain access to the Venmo payment platform. Venmo is an online payment platform that allows people to send and receive funds easily. Venmo is owned by PayPal. With the Venmo application, users can send and receive money from their friends and family and have the money sent directly to their bank accounts. Users of the Venmo application can also link their credit or their debit cards to their Venmo account or they can also use their Venmo balance to make payments and transfers. You can also link your Facebook account to Venmo in order to find friends to that you need to send money automatically and transfers using Venmo can also be done using a phone number, email address, or username.
There are many benefits involved when you use the Venmo platform to make payments. You will get a transaction receipt that is Venmo- branded when you use the Venmo platform to make transactions. You can also sign up for the Venmo business profile for your business but to do this, you need to have an accompanying personal account. You can download the Venmo application and use it on your Android device or your iOS device. Your mobile devices need to be compatible with the Venmo application for you to use it to send and receive funds. You can also get rewards when you use Venmo with selected businesses. When you use Venmo for transactions, you don’t need to worry if your details are safe because Venmo has features set in place to make sure that your information is safe and secured. Creating a Venmo account is free and simple; all you need is a compatible device, an email address, a phone number, or a Facebook account.
With online payment platforms like Venmo, transactions are made easy and straightforward. So if you need an application that can help you send and receive funds directly to your bank account, you need to get the Venmo application and sign up for your personal account. This article will guide you on how to sign up for a Venmo account.
How to Do your Venmo Sign Up
To sign up to Venmo, you need to make sure that your Android device is Android Lollipop (API 21) OR Apple iOS 10.0 or higher devices. Follow the steps below to sign up for Venmo:
- Download the Venmo application on your mobile device.
- Open the Venmo application and choose if you want to ‘sign up with Facebook’ or if you want to ‘Sign up with email’.
- If you choose to sign up with Facebook, you just need to allow the app to sign you up by giving the app the necessary permissions. If you choose to sign up using email, type in your first name and your last name, your email address, and your password in the space provided for it.
- You will see a page containing information about how the Venmo application works. After reading the information, click on ‘Next’.
- Type in your phone number and a confirmation code will be sent to your phone number. Enter the confirmation code into the space provided for it and click on ‘next’.
- After the verification process, you will be prompted by Venmo to add a photo. You can decide to add a photo or you can do this later.
- You can also decide to sync your Facebook account to Venmo or sync your contacts. You can still skip this option and do it later.
After carrying out the steps above, you have successfully created an account on Venmo you can then go ahead and use your Venmo account to send or receive funds.
How to Link your Bank Account to Venmo
If you want to send or receive payments from Venmo directly to your bank account, you need to link your bank account to your Venmo account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open your Venmo application and log in to your Venmo account.
- You will see the menu option at the top–left corner of the page, click on the menu and click on ‘transfer balance’.
- Choose between ‘instant’ or ‘1 – 3 biz days’ on the balance page.
- You will see the ‘Bank verification’ page. You can click on ’instant verification’ if you have an account with a major bank and then sign in to your bank website to connect to Venmo easily. Click on ‘continue’ twice to use ‘Plaid’ which is a different application to connect to your bank. Then choose your bank from the list or search for your bank using the search bar.
- If your bank is a smaller bank, you can select ‘Manual verification’ and then type in your bank routing number and your account number.
- Type in your bank information to connect Venmo to your account and then follow the prompts to verify your account.
How to sign up for Venmo Business Profile
You can sign up for a Venmo business profile by following the steps below:
- Download the Venmo application and select the business option.
- Click on ‘sign up’ and select ‘get started’.
- Type in your name, email address and create a strong password and click on ‘agree’.
- Type in your mobile phone number and then click on ‘send code’.
- A four-digit code will be sent to your mobile number. Type in the code into the box and click on ‘submit code’. After verification, your business profile will be completed.
- You can then go ahead and input details about your business such as a short description, if your business uses EIN or not, and other information about your business.
You need to sign up for your personal profile for you to create a business profile. You can decide to create both accounts at the same time.
Was this article on Venmo Sign-up helpful? Drop your questions in the comment box below and we would respond to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can visit our contact page to get in touch.