Square Set Up Account – When you set up a Square account, you gain access to the Square payment gateway that allows users to process payments easily. What Square does is allow its users to accept payments through their mobile devices by using the Square mobile application and also accept payments through the Square point–of–sale. The square payment platform is mainly used by businesses and organizations to collect payments from their customers easily without going through strenuous processes. This is a better alternative for both the business owner and the customer instead of having to go through a much longer process to make payments and online transactions.
There are other benefits using the Square payment platform offers to its users, not only does it make you accept payment easily from anywhere and at any time, but you can also get analytics reporting, alerts, inventory management, and lots more of this available to make your transaction convenient for you and also help you to manage your business effectively. The Square mobile application can be used on devices such as iPhones, iPad, Android devices, etc. Just as receiving payments using the Square payment platform is easy, the process for setting up an account is also very easy and swift and you don’t need to pay for the Square set up account process because it is entirely free.
If you are interested in using the Square platform to collect payments for your businesses and store or you want to use the Square mobile application for your transactions then you need to first set up a Square account. This article is going to guide you through that by giving you the step-by-step process involved in setting up a Square account and also providing you with more information about the things you need to know about the Square payment platform.
Benefits of signing up to Square
The benefits of using the Square platform as your payment gateway are numerous. Some of these benefits include:
- The major advantage of using Square as your payment platform is that it gives you a lot of conveniences and you don’t have to go to the bank to create an account when you can easily do it on the Square website.
- Square secures your details by encrypting your card-present payments from end to end.
- Fraud prevention. Your account is protected from fraud and you will be notified if there is anything out of the usual going on in your account. You can also improve the security of your account by enabling the 2-factor authentication feature.
- Square also gives you the opportunity to present transaction reports, thus providing you with assistance against any payment disputes.
- Square is PCI level 1 compliant software.
What Do I need for Square Set Up Account?
To set up an account on Square you need to provide some information and details. The things you need to set up an account include: you need to provide your legal name, your social security number (last 4 digits), your bank account details, your date of birth, your email address, your home, and shipping address, your phone number.
Square Set Up Account Procedure
To set up a Square account, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Square sign-up page on www.squareup.com and click on ‘Sign up with Square’.
- Enter and confirm your email address and create a strong and easy-to-remember password. Then select your country.
- Read and agree to the Square Terms of service and then click on ‘Sign up’.
- The next step is for you to choose your organization. You need to choose an individual, business, charity, or religious organization.
- Type in your business name and the name you would like to appear in your customer receipts then click on ‘Continue’.
- You will then need to choose where you would like to process your payments. You can choose if you want to process your payments in the brick and mortar location, on the go, or at an event, using your computer, online store, or invoice sent to your customers. You can decide to choose one, more, or all of the options or you can decide to skip this step and go back to it later. Click on ‘Continue’.
- You can also select what else you would like Square to manage for you. When you have clicked on the options suitable for you, click on ‘continue’.
- Type in your legal name, your date of birth, your social security number, your phone number, and your address in the space provided then click on ‘Continue’ to complete the setup process.
- You can then select how fast you would like your deposits to be done whether you want it to be done in a day or in the next business day.
- Link your bank account. Square will verify your account by withdrawing and depositing a one-cent charge. Verification usually takes up to 4 business days.
All new Square account comes with a magstripe reader. You can choose your magstripe reader depending on the one that is suitable for your business. You will see an option to find a retailer that is close to you and get the reader or you can choose to have the reader mailed to you. Choose the one you want, enter your shipping details and then click ‘Continue’.
To Sign up for Square POS in-app
To sign up for the Square app, you need to download the Square point of sale on your mobile device, click on ‘create Account’ And then type in your personal and business details and then verify your identity by answering some questions.
You can then go ahead and accept payments once you have finished signing up for your Square account.
For more information on Square Set Up Account, you can contact us or make use of the comment box below.