Tumblr is a blogging app and social media platform where users can publish short blogs. When you sign up to Tumblr, you can use Tumblr for free to create blog posts for their businesses and also use it to advertise the products they offer to a wide range of internet users. Tumblr also allows its users to link their Tumblr page to their business site or on their social media accounts, post multimedia as well as other content to form a small blog. Users can also get the opportunity to follow other people’s blogs or make their blogs private. To create your own blog in Tumblr or follow other people’s blog posts, you need to sign up to Tumblr. This article will guide you on how to sign up to Tumblr for free and also give you other information you need to successfully create a Tumblr account and start your own blog.
Tumblr was founded in 2007 by David Karp and is owned currently by Automattic. It is an app where users can create and publish blog posts and can also link their page to their e-commerce site or to their social media account for it to be liked or shared. Tumblr gives users the chance to fully express themselves by allowing them to post text, photos, videos, GIFS, and lots more. Users can even get the chance to create their own GIF and design it however they want to. You can also personalize your Tumblr page by customizing it with the colors you like, fonts, layouts, and any other design you feel comfortable with. Tumblr users can own a Tumblr business page to bring out their business to be followed by other Tumblr users.
To add content to your Tumblr page, you need to use the Tumblr dashboard. Users of Tumblr are able to comment, reblog, and like posts from other blogs that show on their dashboards. With the presence of the dashboard tool, users can upload images, videos, links, and other things to their blog and they can also connect their blog to other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to make their posts appear as a tweet or as a social media update on their social media platform. Users can also follow other blogs and see their content on their dashboards.
Tumblr also has a messaging platform where users can chat with other Tumblr users. To set up a page on Tumblr, users can sign up by providing their email address and creating a password with their chosen username and a page URL.
How to Sign up to Tumblr
To start using Tumblr to create your own blog or follow the activity of other people, you need to create an account or sign up first:
- Visit the Tumblr webpage on www.tumblr.com on your web browser.
- Click on the boxes on the top corner of your screen and type in your email address, your desired password, and your username of choice. Your username should be the name you would like to be addressed with on Tumblr.
- Types in your age in the box provided for it and then agree to the Tumblr terms of service. You can also read the simplified versions of the Tumblr terms of service if you do not want to read the longer version. Click on Next.
- Check the captcha box to confirm that you are the one doing the registration and not a robot.
- You will be asked by Tumblr to pick 5 categories of interest in order for them to show you the kind of post you might like to see or the kind of blogs you want to follow. You can select the category you want by clicking on the category on the main screen. After clicking on the category you prefer, it will break into subcategories which you can also select. After selecting on the categories you want, click on NEXT.
- You will be redirected to your Tumble dashboard after selecting the category of your choice. This is where you can control your account from.
- A verification link will be sent to your email account after you have provided your email address. Log in to your email and click on the ‘this is me’ button inside the email sent to you by Tumblr. You can go back to your main dashboard by clicking on or ‘skip to your web dashboard’.
After following all the steps above, you are now ready to use Tumblr.
How to Delete Your Tumblr Account
You might want to delete your Tumblr account due to some reasons best known to you. Before you do so, you need to know that Tumblr deletions are permanent and cannot be undone; all the contents contained in your account will be gone once you delete your account. You can only delete your Tumblr account from your browser and cannot delete your account through your mobile app. If you are sure you still want to delete your Tumblr account, here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Tumblr account and go to your account menu by clicking on the account icon located in the top right corner of your page.
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and click on the delete button.
You can also delete a secondary blog without having to delete your account; you can do that by clicking on the account icon and then going to settings. Then you can click on the blog you wish to delete and then click on delete blog to delete that particular blog.
Hope this article on how to sign up to Tumblr and how to delete an account was helpful? For questions and comments, kindly use the comment section below or contact us to get in touch.