PayPal Sign up Account gives you access to an online payment platform that makes sending and receiving money easy. PayPal has made it possible for people who are living in different parts of the world to be able to pay and receive funds without stress by simply paying a small fee or no fee at all depending on if you are sending or receiving money from someone in the U.S. These days people do not have to worry about visiting the bank and going through all the process of sending or receiving money, and they also do not have to worry about how they can send money to a family member or friend living abroad when they can easily do that from the comfort of their home just by simply having a PayPal account. The good part about having a PayPal account is that it is free to set up and takes almost no time at all. You can also fund your PayPal account and transfer money in your PayPal account by linking your bank account to your PayPal account.
Before setting up a PayPal account, you need to know the type of account you would like to create because there are two types of PayPal accounts – personal and business accounts. Each of the accounts has its own usage, one is an account you set up if you want to send money to your friends or to your family or purchase something online while the other account is for business purposes. The process for creating both the personal account and the business account is very similar.
If you are someone who loves to shop online, someone who receives or sends money regularly to people or you want a business payment account where you can be receiving or sending money directly from your business account, and you don’t have a PayPal account or you are thinking of setting up one – now is the time for you to set that thought in motion and set up an account. This article will guide you on how to sign up for PayPal and how to fund your PayPal account with some simple steps.
Complete PayPal Sign up Procedure
Follow the steps below to sign up to PayPal:
- Visit the PayPal webpage on www.paypal.com using your browser.
- Click on ‘sign up’ located at the top-right corner of the page.
- You will then see a screen where you will choose if you want to create a business account or if you want to create a personal account. As said earlier, if you just want to be sending money or receiving money from your family or your friends or you want to buy something online, you can select ‘personal’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- After clicking next, you will see a page where you will be asked to fill in your legal first name and your legal last name. Fill it in the space provided for it.
- Enter your email address and create a strong password that you can easily remember. Confirm your password and click on ‘Next’.
- Type in your mailing address and your phone number and then click on ‘Agree and create account’.
- A verification email will be sent to your email address by PayPal. Log in to your email and click on the link contained in the email sent to you to verify your email address.
After completing the process above, you have successfully created a PayPal account. You can then go ahead and add your debit card, credit card, or your bank account to your PayPal account.
How to Add your Credit Card or Bank Account to your PayPal Account
For you to be able to transfer money to or from your bank account to your PayPal account, you need to first link your bank account to your PayPal account. And in order to be able to easily send and receive money on PayPal, you also need to add your credit card to your PayPal account. Follow the steps below to add your credit card and your bank account to your PayPal account:
- Visit the PayPal webpage on www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
- Locate ‘wallet’ on the summary screen and click on it.
- Click on ‘Link a credit or debit card’ if you want to link your credit or debit card or you can click on ‘Link a bank account’ to add your bank account. You can decide to do both if you want to.
- Type in the card or bank information you would like to link to your account and then click on ‘Link card’ to link your debit card or ‘link bank account’ to link your bank account.
How to Fund your PayPal account
It is always advisable to have funds in your PayPal account in order for you to be able to send money easily without having them go through the process of adding money to your PayPal account especially when the fund is needed urgently. The step required to fund your PayPal account is listed below:
- Visit the PayPal webpage and log in to your PayPal account then under the balance, click on ‘Transfer Money’.
- Click on ‘Add money to your balance’ on the next page.
- Type in the amount of money you want to transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account and then click on ‘add’.
- You will see the next page with a blue button that says ‘add ** amount” click on it and your transfer will be completed.
Was this article on PayPal Sign Up Account helpful? Let us know via the comment box below. Alternatively, you can contact us for more information.