After all the week’s stress and pressure, there is a need to rest and unwind. Nothing relaxes the body and mind than finding time out of a very busy schedule to get a little bit of self-care. If you are craving self-pampering but you are on a budget or you don’t have the time to visit a spa, with spa service at home can get the spa experience from the comfort of your home without going through stress.
If you are worried about not having all the equipment used in a typical spa, then you do not need to worry because the materials you need are those that can easily be prepared in your kitchen or items you use daily at home. So get into the relaxation mood, make sure the environment is serene and calm with the right lighting and music and continue to read this article as we give you some helpful tips on how to enjoy your spa service at home as well as give you information on the materials you need.
Follow these Tips to Enjoy Spa Service at Home
Here are a few tips on how to get quality spa service from the comfort of your home without having to break the bank;
1. Set the right Ambience: Spa service at home will not feel like you are having a great time if you don’t set up the right mood and atmosphere. Start off by playing the right music that would set you in the mood, it is advisable to put on calm music and nothing too loud that could mess with your thoughts. There are playlists available online for such moods, you can easily search for them online and choose the right one for you.
The next thing to do is to get a soothing smell; the right smell puts you in the mood and helps you relax. To circulate the smell you want, you can decide to use a diffuser or light up a scented candle. Get some extra things like a glass of red wine or your favourite drink – the point of all this is to give your mind the impression of not missing out on anything.
2. Free your mind: Get rid of any form of distraction such as your phone or another gadget that could distract you from focusing on relaxation. If you must use your phone, you can download applications online that can help you meditate. Take deep breaths and close your eyes, once you feel you have freed your mind and you are less distracted, you can then continue with other processes.
3. Set up your bath: A spa treatment is not complete without a good warm bath. Set up your bath by infusing some “spa fragrances” such as lavender into your bath water – the idea is to give you the impression that you are in a typical spa inside the comfort of your home. You can decide to have a bubble bath or soak in warm water. You can add bath salts to your bath water to improve the scent and soothe your muscles. If you don’t have a bath in your house, apply the essential oils you have on your body and then go ahead and have your shower.
4. Mask your face: one of the essential aspects of a good skincare routine is to use a good face mask. You can buy a good face mask in stores both offline and online. However, if you are on a budget, you can easily whip up a mask by using ingredients in your kitchen –banana and avocado are perfect ingredients to use as a mask. There is a lot of information online on the DIY processes for making the perfect face mask using ingredients found in your kitchen.
Masking up helps to moisturize your face and give you clearer and supple skin.
5. Massage your face: Massaging your skin helps to improve your skin and also tackle some underlying skin problems. They help to soften your skin, sculpt your face and tighten the muscles around your face. If you want to continuously perform your spa services at home, you need to practice how to massage your face properly. You can also invest in gadgets that are effective and relax your facial muscles.
6. Pay attention to your hair: Use this opportunity to treat your hair by applying a good conditioner that will properly hydrate your hair till the next visit to the hairdresser. Just like your facial mask, you can whip up something effective from your kitchen or you can decide to settle for store-bought products.
7. Moisturize: You haven’t done any work if you come out of a spa session with dry skin. The purpose of having a spa session in the first place is to come out with well-moisturized, supple skin instead of dry, parched skin. Invest in oil that matches your skin texture and leaves your skin clear and smooth.
You don’t need to break the bank or spend time visiting a spa to give your skin the necessary pampering and care it needs. Understanding what your skin needs are the key to having healthy skin. While you can do your spa service at home, invest in quality affordable products and practice your spa sessions often so as to get a knack for it.