WePay sign up allows you to log in to the WePay digital payment platform. WePay is a platform that is used by businesses and organizations to collect payments from people easily. WePay provides payments solutions to businesses such as crowdfunding sites like GoFundMe, small and medium-sized businesses, and marketplaces. WePay offers business owners the chance to use the WePay API to integrate payments to their website, this way customers don’t have to leave their site. Transactions on WePay are usually done by using a debit or credit card and WePay ensures that the information and details of their users are safe and secured and also covers all fraud losses and chargebacks. WePay offers white-label service to businesses without them having any coding experience. WePay is owned by Chase so business owners who use Chase as their bank also have added advantages when using WePay as a payment platform.
WePay offers three types of services to their users – the first service is Link which is a way that merchants and businesses accept credit, debit, and check payments by using WePay integrated payment services. The processing fee for each transaction when using WePay Link is 2.9% +25 cents for every transaction. The second service is Clear which is a white label payment service where business owners can select their own pricing. When using the clear service, merchants can also integrate the payment data into their applications to determine and customize how their users will experience the payment process. You can use your own branding depending on the type of business you do to make your customers experience shopping based on your preferences. Although you will be able to use your own visuals for the branding, ‘Powered by WePay’ will still be visible to your customers. The third service is the WePay Core which gives business owners and merchants the chance to take control over the payment process by allowing them to integrate fully into the Chase infrastructure which in turn helps them to manage their merchant accounts and handle their users’ experience and transactions directly on their merchant account. WePay is only available to people who are based in the US.
Signing up to WePay is straightforward and does not take too much time, all you need to do is to have your information handy and you will experience a swift signing up process. This article will guide you on how to sign up to WePay and create your own merchant account.
Benefits of WePay
There are many advantages WePay offers to its users. Some of these benefits include:
- When you use WePay, you get a chance to customize your customers’ payment process and you can also customize how you can email your customers. You can also add your own branding to the checkout screen based on your business and what suits you.
- You can use WePay to send invoices and this is free.
- You don’t have to pay anything to set up an account on WePay and no monthly fees.
- Refunds on WePay is also free, when you refund using WePay, you also get back your fee.
- Signing up to WePay is also easy and you don’t need to know coding to set up a page on WePay.
- If you are using WePay and you have a Chase bank account, you will enjoy additional advantage because you don’t need to wait for long to transfer money from your merchant account to your bank account. So if you are already using Chase as your main bank account, this is an additional benefit.
WePay Sign Up Procedure
To set up a WePay account, follow the steps below:
- Visit the WePay registration page on www.wepay.com and click on ‘Sign up for WePay’.
- A page will open for you where you will need to enter your first name and your last name.
- Type in your email address and type in a strong password that you can easily remember.
- Click on ‘Grant access’.
- An email will be sent to your email address to confirm your account. Open your email and click on ‘confirm your email’.
After completing the process above, you will see a thank you message. You can then go to WePay and type in your account information so that funds will be posted directly to your bank account. For you to be able to raise money for your fundraising or event pages and to prevent your WePay account from being disabled, you need to enter your bank details into your account within a period of 30 days.
How to Add your Bank Account to WePay
If you want to add your bank account to WePay which is compulsory for you to do within the period of 30 days, follow the steps below:
- First, log in to your WePay account and go to settings.
- Go to the ‘bank account’ button and click on it
- Enter your bank information as requested and then click on ‘Next’. You will see a button to ‘Link bank’, click on it.
- Complete the process of updating your bank information and you have successfully linked your bank account to your WePay account.
There you have it. Now that you have successfully with your WePay sign up and you have linked your bank account you can then go ahead and accept payments and have the funds deposited from your merchant account to your bank account.
For questions and comments, make use of the comment section below. Alternatively, you can contact us via email or our office phone line.