Looking for Amazon jobs in Nigeria? I’ve got some good news. Amazon is recruiting Lagos-based Software Developers who wish to migrate to Canada, Ireland, and the U.S. American retail technology giant Amazon is looking for high-calibre and tested Software Development Engineers who live in Lagos, Nigeria to work on creative and leading technologies.
According to the corporation, the software developers will be responsible for decoding algorithmically complex problems, and front-end and back-end services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. The role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running.
To this end, the Amazon International Events team is hosting an interviewing event in Lagos for Software Developer II candidates who are available to relocate to Canada, Ireland, and the United States, to work in Amazon’s consumer division.
If you’re a software developer based in Lagos, scouting for Amazon jobs in Nigeria and looking to relocate, you need to apply for the role in order to be invited to the interviewing event which is slated for 1st – 5th August 2022.
Job Description for Amazon jobs in Nigeria
Amazon is searching for high-calibre and tested Software Development Engineers to work on innovative and leading technologies. The initiative is fundamental to Amazon’s future and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services. The company is building extremely customer-focused software that can also serve many fast-growing businesses for decades to come. The project will have regular reviews with the company’s senior leaders. The scope of the project is set to scale rapidly for the next few years post-launch. This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. Applicants for Amazon jobs in Nigeria will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, and front-end and back-end services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators, we embrace new technology, and you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems. If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solve challenging problems, go ahead and apply for this one.
Multiple locations: United States, Canada, Ireland.
- Experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems (not less than one year).
- Non-internship professional software development experience (not less than 2 years)
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Spring, MVC frameworks, REST/RPC API design and development
- Experience with Relational and No SQL Databases
- Practical experience writing large-scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to the actual launch of the project
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation for the Amazon jobs application in Nigeria, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.